Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunshine



Wow. What do say about Sunshine? Well, in my art class that I had last semester, we had to create a composition based on another work, but that wasn't an exact copy. I think I got a Monet piece, but I'm not sure. xD Anyway, it was of a Victorian-era woman out in a field with a parasol, and she had on a really fancy dress and was with her little boy. 

In the original painting, she was very studious looking, and rather uptight as well... and her little boy looked like he could cry. He didn't like being there.

So, in my drawing, which was like bringing the same scene to modern times, I think that the family would be happy. She's out there in her pretty scarf and sundress with her own parasol, as if she's looking back at her husband with the camera on their way to the perfect picnic spot.

What I like: I managed to make them happy. The grass. Her hair. The folds in her dress.

What I dislike: His hair. The sky. The flowers. The shape of her parasol.

No comments:

Post a Comment