Thursday, April 26, 2012

Outlast


I know, I cut out a lot of other stuff from the original sketch... I just felt like I'd end up messing all of that anatomy up or just get lazy with it.

I'm not nuts over AkuRoku, although I feel like it is possible. I'm not gonna go out and debate with you about it or something. I just feel like they could either be best friends or they could be a couple. Either way, they hold a special love for each other, and that's something I will debate you over. Best friends hold love for each other, and I feel like Axel had bits of his own heart. It was before they even got to be as attached at they were at the end of days that he was chuckling at The Castle That Never Was. Isn't that proof enough?

ARRGH!~ SPOILERS BE AHEAD!

This is supposed to be kind of symbolic of the love they shared. If you'll look back at the original sketch, the others weren't anywhere near each other, and were strewn about. These two are in their own pit, close together (almost touching, but not quite), specifically laid down together, and have flowers growing about them. They seem serene. The only other serene death from the sketch was Xion... But she didn't have the connection like Roxas and Axel had. They were a trio, yes, but she was a third wheel... especially because everyone forgot who she was when she died.

ARRRRGH!~ SPOILERS OVER!

But, what I like about this is the texture of the grass. I think it came out very rich in color and has a soft appearance. I also like their expressions and the shading on their faces. They seem at peace with each other. Axel is almost smiling. I like the color of their skin. I came out rather true to the games, I think.

What I don't like is their hair. Roxas' came out all wonky, and Axel's hair is a bit too long for my taste. I don't like Axel's right foot. You know what? I don't like their leg anatomy whatsoever. It sucked and I didn't feel like fixing it.

I'm indifferent about the flowers. I'm not the best at flowers, I accept that. They were okayish for what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment